Dedicated Private Fleet
Companies trying to maintain a sense of balance in this uncertain economic climate are finding it increasingly difficult to remain competitive. It is forcing them to re-examine their transportation strategy. With issues like the driver shortage, new federal regulations, rising fleet maintenance costs and capacity constraints, companies are being pulled away from their core business impacting customer service and the bottom line.
PRIVATE FLEET vs DEDICATED FLEET
A private fleet affords you complete control, but along with that control comes sunken capital investments, operating and maintenance costs, insurance and regulatory compliance, freight capacity challenges and the headache of finding and retaining qualified drivers.
A dedicated fleet gives you all the benefits of a private fleet but with none of the headaches. Your dedicated carrier assumes risk and liability, hires, trains and manages drivers, guarantees capacity, and gives you full visibility across your transportation network so you can focus on growing your core business
MYTHS OF OUTSOURCING YOUR PRIVATE FLEET
Let’s face it, entrusting someone else to manage your fleet can be a scary thought. Will it take away jobs from loyal people? Will you lose control of your supply chain? Will your customer service decline? These are valid questions and with Cardinal as your dedicated contract carriage partner, these questions are no longer a concern.
MYTH #1: Outsourcing my private fleet means loyal drivers will lose their jobs
Cardinal prefers to hire drivers with institutional knowledge of your customers and routes. Those who pass our rigorous requirements can find a home with us.
MYTH #2: Managing my own private fleet guarantees better customer service
At Cardinal, we view your customer as our customer. We hire customer service-oriented drivers to ensure a positive representation of your brand with each interaction. From a focus on continuous improvement to utilizing our customized technology solution for perfect deliveries, you can be assured your customer satisfaction is our focus.
MYTH #3: It’s less expensive to run my own fleet than to outsource
- Managing all the day-to-day operations of a private fleet is not your core business and there are many hidden costs that weigh down your balance sheet.
- Physical Assets weigh down balance sheet especially when not in use
- Free up management time to invest in your business and add value to your customer relationships
THE CARDINAL ADVANTAGE
Benefits of outsourcing your private fleet to Cardinal Logistics (placed in picture format with words on images)
- With our customizable and easy-to-integrate transportation technology platform, you have real-time visibility and control of your transportation network
- State-of-the-art fleet is well maintained and uses the latest safety equipment
- Innovative recruiting, hiring, training, and driver development program ensures you have the most skilled drivers in your operation
- Because of Cardinal’s extensive and diverse fleet assets, we can scale to meet your company’s fluctuating capacity needs
- Customer-centric continuous improvement process ensures a constant flow of great ideas to improve your operation, profitability, and service to your customers
Learn how Cardinal can optimize your dedicated transportation network
Whether you’re looking to improve customer service, reduce risk and liability, or gain transportation network efficiencies, Cardinal can help. Our dedicated private fleet solution is trusted by leading companies across various industries. To find out how we can serve your company, give us a call or fill out our contact form. One of our logistics experts will be in touch.