Transportation agility is needed to balance production, processing, and fabrication efficiencies and control in the era of fluctuating demand and increasing expectations for customized metal products that meet exact specifications.
Outsourcing transportation management helps to free up capital needed to continue R&D investment and the growth trajectory for the metals industry.
With more than 20 years of experience working with metals manufacturers and suppliers, we understand the complexities of your integrated supply chain. From specialized equipment and handling to technology to track and ensure materials and finished products arrive just in time, our logistics experts can manage your transportation and logistics needs.
Let us manage your metals transportation network
SERVICES FOR METALS
Dedicated Fleet Services
We are expert at managing challenging delivery networks. From moving and tracking raw or finished product between multiple production or fabrication facilities, to delivering material to locations as diverse as manufacturing plants, downstream fabricators, and construction job sites, we keep your operation flowing.
- Specially trained service-oriented drivers load and unload raw materials and finished metal products
- Diverse fleet of day cabs for short routes or overnight team tractors for more distant customers
- Flatbed and Conestoga or curtainside trailers and items like friction matting and specialized racking protect your product against damage
- Customized network design maximizes loads and minimizes empty miles
When demand fluctuates, our extensive fleet and network of certified carriers ensure raw and prepared materials arrive in time for your manufacturing and fabrication processes.
- Minimize empty mile returns for shipments to distant customers
- Logistics experts and partners manage surges and unexpected demand changes
- Finished product arrives for distribution or delivery to customers as committed
Customized Transportation IT
Our integrated transportation IT system provides visibility and control over your end-to-end transportation network.
- Precise location- and delivery-specific instructions to driver handhelds
- Reduce capital costs from lost assets with item-level scanning and tracking
- Middleware easily integrates with your systems for efficient inbound routes, just-in-time (JIT) raw materials, and finished product delivery
- Real-time location and delivery estimates with proactive alerts for delays
CAPABILITIES & BENEFITS
Network Design Expertise
- Expert design maximizes loads and minimizes empty miles.
- Lower cost per unit or ton with balanced inbound raw material, interplant, and customer shipments.
Optimized Transportation Network
- Manage costs and enhance customer satisfaction by analyzing purchase patterns for optimal routing.
- Regulate production, reduce held inventory, and improve order-to-delivery cycle times.
- Efficiently manage and transport difficult-to-handle metal products using diverse fleet assets.
- Day cabs for short routes or overnight team tractors for distant customers.
- Reduce claims by properly securing product on with our flat beds, Conestoga or side curtain trailers, friction matting, and specialized racking.
Product Handling and Safety
- Specially trained drivers manage difficult-to-handle raw materials and finished metal products.
- Serve the data needs of internal and external stakeholders with driver handheld product scanning.
Cost and Capital Efficiencies
- Use your working capital to grow your business, not your private fleet.
- Manage operating cost and driver productivity with visibility and to the stop level.
- Maximize ROA by tracking expensive reusable racking and managing storage assets.
- Continual flow of ideas to improve efficiencies, profitability, and the customer experience.
- Identify improvements to IT, operations, routes as your business changes.
- Balance tradeoffs between manufacturing efficiency, cost management, and service delivery.
- Ability to create value beyond your transportation network.
Flexible and Easy-to-Integrate Cardinal Technology
Improving Manufacturing-to-Customer Distribution
How Growth can Increase Transportation Risk
Improving your business shouldn’t be an intermittent event. It should happen continually...
Concord, NC – August 22, 2019 – Ballots have been cast by readers of Logistics...
Concord, NC – August 21, 2019 – Each year, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)...
Concord, NC – August 22, 2019 – Ballots have been cast by readers of Logistics Management (LM) in their annual Quest for Quality awards to identify...