TRANSPORTATION SOLUTIONS FOR THE CHEMICAL INDUSTRY
Capturing and applying the right data is essential for chemical companies to manage costs, to comply with regulatory requirements, and to track and monitor formulation standards. Transportation agility is part of that equation.
Our industry experts understand how to handle chemicals and hazardous materials as we have done this for decades with our customers. Cardinal can serve your business with our service-oriented and safety-minded drivers, real-time visibility and tracking essential for compliance, and careful management of fleet assets to avoid cross-contamination and risk.
Let us manage your chemical transportation network
SERVICES FOR CHEMICAL
Dedicated Fleet Services
Ensuring safe and efficient movement of solid, gas, and liquid chemicals requires unique expertise, attention to detail, and the right tools and equipment.
- Drivers are specially trained to load, move, and unload volatile chemicals and raw materials
- Strict adherence to current rules and regulations at local, state, and federal levels
- HAZMAT-certified drivers assure the most sensitive chemicals are safely handled
- Diverse fleet of tankers and specialty trailers ensure proper containment and safe transport of chemicals
- Customized network design maximizes loads and minimizes empty miles
Customized Transportation IT
Our integrated transportation IT system provides critical visibility and control throughout each step in the supply chain to ensure safe handling and delivery of your chemicals products.
- Real-time stop-by-stop tracking of chemicals and raw materials
- Monitoring, tracking, and documentation of environmental conditions during transport
- Precise delivery instructions pushed to driver handheld devices
- Middleware easily integrates with your systems for efficient inbound routes, just-in-time (JIT) raw materials, and finished product delivery
- Real-time location and delivery estimates with proactive alerts for delays
When demand fluctuates, our extensive fleet and network of certified carriers ensure raw materials and chemicals arrive in time and precisely where they are needed.
- Minimize empty mile returns for shipments to distant customers to reduce cost
- Logistics experts and certified HAZMAT drivers and partners manage surges and unexpected demand changes
- Raw materials and chemical products arrive for manufacturing or delivery without delay
CAPABILITIES & BENEFITS
Safety is a Priority
- Specialized driver training to ensure safe and proper handling of chemicals and raw materials.
- Advance planning to identify and mitigate safety risk – to people, the environment, and to your brand.
- Investment in our people to obtain HAZMAT certifications.
Expert Network Design
- Expert design maximizes loads and minimizes empty miles.
- Careful routing schemes avoid cross-contamination of tankers and trailers.
- Lower cost per unit or ton with balanced inbound raw material, interplant, and customer shipments.
Compliance and Standards
- Our industry experts stay up to date on local, state, federal, and HAZMAT rules and regulations.
- Real-time location and environmental condition tracking and monitoring of chemicals across the transportation network.
- Historical reports serve as documentation of regulatory and standards compliance.
- Continual flow of ideas to improve efficiencies, safety, and profitability.
- Identify improvements to IT, operations, routes as your business changes.
- Ability to create value beyond your transportation network.
Improving Manufacturing-to-Customer Distribution
Transportation Network Design & Consolidation
Improving your business shouldn’t be an intermittent event. It should happen continually...
Trucking is about people. Behind every dollar, every stat, and every decision is a...
The retail landscape is more competitive than ever, driven by consumer expectations for...
A good transportation network requires a strategic symphony of well-managed resources uniquely crafted to fit the specific needs of a business....